Here in Northern Virginia, we have had our share of storms and weather events lately!
- Check your snow removal equipment. Make sure you have enough shovels (and that they are in good condition--nothing worse than a handle snapping off with a foot of snow to clear). If you have a snow blower, make sure you have the right fuel on hand and that it is working properly. If not, send it out for service, or schedule an afternoon to do the service yourself.
- Check your smoke detectors. Many of us changed the batteries at Daylight Savings Time--but many of us meant to and did not. Now is the time!
- Have your fireplace cleaned and/or your gas logs serviced.
- Make sure your gutters are clear; ice damming is a real problem with clogged gutters.
- Have some sort of ice melt on hand in the event that we have an ice storm (I get a pet-friendly type at the local pet store and keep several bottles around for those parts of my driveway and sidewalk that don't get much sun)
If you like what you've read, please consider subscribing to my blog by clicking on the Orange RSS button and following the instructions. Thanks!
A GREAT Real Estate experience.
If I can help you, your friends or family buy or sell their next home in Northern Virginia, please let me know!
If you need help with a home outside of Northern Virginia, I have an extensive network of referral agents and will make sure you are working with the best!
The contents of this blog may not be copied or reproduced without the permission of Holly Weatherwax.