In response to my own negative postings, I decided it is time to talk about some positives in the real estate market. Not generally a negative person, I think that there are some good (better) things going on:
1) I actually heard 2 financial specialists talk positively about the real estate market this morning, on the Early Show and on Good Morning America. They said it was a geat time to buy!
2) My listing clients understand how difficult marketing their homes can be in this market and are extremely responsive to my suggestions and open to discussing offers.
3) This one is personal, but I finally had some time to clean out my storage area and guest room. I recognize that it is August, but I was able to sort through all of the ski pants and gloves thrown in a laundry basket last snow storm (a scary long time ago)!
4) There is a real spirit of cooporation among all parties to a transaction. Realtors, lenders, settlement agents, buyers and sellers are all working together to make sure that the deals work!
5) The Realtors, lenders, and settlement agents who stick this out will be full-timers (or at least fully committed) who see real estate as a career, not just an extra revenue stream.
Feel free to share your feelings about the current state of the real estate market.
If you like what you've read, please consider subscribing to my blog by clicking on the Orange RSS button and following the instructions. Thanks!
A GREAT Real Estate experience.
If I can help you, your friends or family buy or sell their next home in Northern Virginia, please let me know!
If you need help with a home outside of Northern Virginia, I have an extensive network of referral agents and will make sure you are working with the best!
The contents of this blog may not be copied or reproduced without the permission of Holly Weatherwax.