Listing homes is one of my favorite parts of real estate. I love helping people figure out the best way to prepare their homes, I love pulling together the marketing, I love guiding them through the process and I love going to settlement with them.
- Inconvenience: Having your home for sale is not convenient. It is inconvenient. The faster you get it sold, the sooner we can get it off the market. A little inconvenience now will keep your home from languishing on the market and having a little inconvenience turn into a lot of inconvenience!
- Expenses: If you are selling your home because you are sick of the time and costs associated with maintaining it, don't put that credit card away too quickly. It is important to do the work necessary to have your home present well. This includes any deferred maintenance AND even upgrades necessary to bring it up to the standards of other homes in your area. You will recover these costs in the price and ease with which you get an offer.
- Hard work: It is hard work to get your house ready to go on the market and it is hard work to keep it 'show' ready. Yes, it is, there is no way around this. If you are prepared and stay on top of things, it will be a little bit easier.
- Uncertainty: You will never know when you will get a call asking if someone can see your home. You will never know when you will receive an offer--or two. It is hard to live with this level of uncertainty, but it is part of the process.
- Stress: I like to think my job is help keep you from becoming too stressed. For some people this is easy and for others, stress is just part of the process. Just remember, it is just a blip on the radar--your house will sell and you will move on to the next thing.
If you like what you've read, please consider subscribing to my blog by clicking on the Orange RSS button and following the instructions. Thanks!
A GREAT Real Estate experience.
If I can help you, your friends or family buy or sell their next home in Northern Virginia, please let me know!
If you need help with a home outside of Northern Virginia, I have an extensive network of referral agents and will make sure you are working with the best!
The contents of this blog may not be copied or reproduced without the permission of Holly Weatherwax.