This week I got an email from a customer who said that over the weekend they had purchased a new construction home. We had plans to meet and review my services, but before we got a chance, they bought a new home and gave up their right to Buyer Representation.
- Buyer Representation for existing homes: Many people understand the value that a Realtor® provides here. Besides helping you to identify neighborhoods and properties, we negotiate for the best price and most favorable terms and navigate the numerous contingencies and activities that must be addressed in order to complete the purchase.
- Buyer Representation for new construction: If you are buying new construction, you are just as likely to want advice throughout the process as if you were buying an existing home. The negotiation aspect of new construction is not as important (at least locally, builders often have set prices), but getting advice on which lot to select and which features are worth paying for can be invaluable. Our expertise includes helping you to purchase a new home that you will be able to easily sell later. The Builder will usually pay a commission to the Buyer's Realtor®, so in most cases it does not cost the buyer anything additional.
- Referral Services: You may have decided to relocate or you may be interested in buying a vacation home. One way to select a Realtor® is to go on line and just pick one. A better way is to ask me to interview several candidates until I find one that I believe will work well with you and who will understand your objectives.
- Resources: Sometimes when you look at a property, you can envision what it could be--with some work. I can help you find the resources to get the information that you need to make an informed decision.
- Home Listing: Most people understand this component of our business. We list your house and help you to negotiate the highest price and the most favorable terms. We work with the Buyer's team to resolve any contingencies and get the contract to closing. There is a lot more that goes into this category, but you get the idea.
- Pre-listing Consulting: I am often asked to consult with my previous clients before they undertake any major renovation or remodel. Understanding how your updates will affect your future ability to sell and your pricing is very helpful in helping to determine the project scope.
- Market Analysis: Prior to listing a home, you may want to understand what your home is worth relative to other properties. Knowing the value may help you to decide if you are ready to list your home.
- Referral Services: When you sell your house, you often need to purchase a new one. If this is not a local purchase, I can help you to find a Realtor® by interviewing several candidates and identifying the one that would be the best fit for you.
- Resources: I have a pretty extensive list of resources to help you prepare your home to go on the market. If you need a referral, let me know.
If you like what you've read, please consider subscribing to my blog by clicking on the Orange RSS button and following the instructions. Thanks!
A GREAT Real Estate experience.
If I can help you, your friends or family buy or sell their next home in Northern Virginia, please let me know!
If you need help with a home outside of Northern Virginia, I have an extensive network of referral agents and will make sure you are working with the best!
The contents of this blog may not be copied or reproduced without the permission of Holly Weatherwax.