- Paint your front door--you probably have the paint left over from the last time. Remember, first impressions are key!
- Clean the windows--if you don't want to spend the money for a professional, pull out your cleaning supplies and push up your sleeves and do it yourself.
- Sort through the linen closet--most of us have towels stashed in there that we would never hang out for company...time to turn them into rags.
- Put away your off season clothes--it will make your closets look bigger and more spacious.
- Trim the bushes and bag the leaves--this will make your garden look fresher and well kept.
- Walk the yard and throw things away--old plant pots and broken toys should be tossed.
- Clean out your cabinets--yes, purchasers will open your cabinets--and your drawers and your closets. Clean them out!
- Re-caulk your tubs and showers--Buyers will look to see if you do this sort of routine maintenance, so do it!
- Wipe down the switch plates and light switches. Your house can be really clean, but if the switch plates are dirty or paint splattered, buyers will notice.
- Clean all doors. You open and close your doors every day. Overtime, they get grungy. Wipe them down through out the house.
If you like what you've read, please consider subscribing to my blog by clicking on the Orange RSS button and following the instructions. Thanks!
A GREAT Real Estate experience.
If I can help you, your friends or family buy or sell their next home in Northern Virginia, please let me know!
If you need help with a home outside of Northern Virginia, I have an extensive network of referral agents and will make sure you are working with the best!
The contents of this blog may not be copied or reproduced without the permission of Holly Weatherwax.