- Serious buyers: In the Spring, we get a lot of what we call 'Lookie-Loos' making the rounds. Everyone else seems to be looking at homes and so they jump on board and start looking, too. It seems like, while you don't have as many buyers out in the Fall, those who are out are serious.
- More accessibility to support people: During the busy Spring Real Estate season, Realtor®s are busy, contractors are busy, settlement agents are busy, lenders are busy--you get the picture. In the Fall, everyone has just a bit more time to spend with you which can make for a more pleasant experience.
- Less competition: If a seller has their home on the market in the Fall, they are serious about selling. There are generally fewer homes for sale (although, not always) as people take homes off the market and decide to wait until Spring to sell. This positions your property to be right there for the serious buyer.
- Weather is good: Fall is one of the prettiest times in Northern Virginia. You might not have blooming azaleas, but your flowers won't be wilting and your grass will look pretty good!
- You will be settled in your new home by the time the spring market rolls around. Selling now means that by next Spring Real Estate market, you will be in your new home and unworried about rising interest rates, keeping the dishes out of the sink and all the other little things that can make selling stressful.
If you like what you've read, please consider subscribing to my blog by clicking on the Orange RSS button and following the instructions. Thanks!
A GREAT Real Estate experience.
If I can help you, your friends or family buy or sell their next home in Northern Virginia, please let me know!
If you need help with a home outside of Northern Virginia, I have an extensive network of referral agents and will make sure you are working with the best!
The contents of this blog may not be copied or reproduced without the permission of Holly Weatherwax.