- Fireworks on the National Mall. If you have never had the opportunity to watch the fireworks explode over our Nations Capital, it is not to be missed. The fireworks begin on July 4th at 9:10 p.m. and can be seen from many places in Washington D.C. and Arlington, VA. For more information, visit http://www.nps.gov/foju/fireworks.htm
- Arlington, Virginia hosts a number of locations where you can see the fireworks from the National Mall while staying on the otherside of the river. Check out some of the best locations, https://topics.arlingtonva.us/july-4/
- Alexandria, Virginia will host it's celebration on Saturday, July 7 , from 6 to 10 p.m., at Oronoco Bay Park (100 Madison St.). In the event of inclement weather, fireworks only will be rescheduled for Sunday, July 8, at 9:30 p.m. Admission is free. https://www.alexandriava.gov/recreation/info/default.aspx?id=104804
- City of Fairfax, Virginia will sponsor an evening of family fun on July 4th from 5:30 - 10:30pm at Fairfax High School (3501 Rebel Run). Rain date - July 5th (Fireworks Only), http://www.fairfaxva.gov/about-us/special-events/independence-day-celebration/evening-show-fireworks
- Fireworks at Lake Fairfax Park, Reston, VA will be held this year on Saturday, June 30! Fairfax County hosts the fireworks and Lake Fairfax Park and the U.S. Army Field Band will accompany. Go early and spend time at the Watermine and take the kiddies to the puppet shows. More information at https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/lake-fairfax/celebrate-independence-day
- McLean, VA fireworks are sponsored by the McLean Community Center and will be held on July 4th at Churchill Road Elementary School this year. The school is located at 7100 Churchill Rd. in McLean. Patron parking will not be available at Churchill Road or Cooper Middle School. Patrons can take a free shuttle bus from two satellite parking sites, St. John’s Episcopal Church (6715 Georgetown Pike) and MCC (1234 Ingleside Ave.), beginning at 6:25 p.m. Handicap-accessible buses will be available at both sites.https://mcleancenter.org/special-events/upcoming/icalrepeat.detail/2018/07/04/6733/-/independence-day-celebration
- Fireworks in Vienna, VA. Vienna puts on a full-day, traditional 4th of July celebration, complete with a Sprinklers & Sparklers event from 2-4 pm at the Vienna Community Center Grounds, 120 Cherry Street SE and the Mars Rodeo band to entertain you later in the evening. Fireworks begin at approximately 9:30p.m. For more information, http://www.viennava.gov/index.aspx?nid=894
- Town of Herndon, VA. The Town of Herndon sponsors a July 4th good-old-fashioned Fireworks event that includes face painting, balloon sculpting, crafts and a dancing. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m. and are choreographed to music. http://www.herndon-va.gov/recreation/special-events/4th-of-july
- Ashburn, VA, Ashburn Lake. Join the community of Ashburn Village for their annual 5th of July Fireworks, http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Annual-Ashburn-Village-Fireworks.html?soid=1011108516758&aid=QoE04qutYsA
- Leesburg, VA. Want to avoid heading into D.C. for the fireworks? You can enjoy the festivities further west in Loudoun County with a parade, activities during the day on July 4th and the fireworks beginning at 9:30 p.m. https://www.leesburgva.gov/Home/Components/News/News/6919/29?backlist=%2f
If you like what you've read, please consider subscribing to my blog by clicking on the Orange RSS button and following the instructions. Thanks!
A GREAT Real Estate experience.
If I can help you, your friends or family buy or sell their next home in Northern Virginia, please let me know!
If you need help with a home outside of Northern Virginia, I have an extensive network of referral agents and will make sure you are working with the best!
The contents of this blog may not be copied or reproduced without the permission of Holly Weatherwax.